PG in Medicine/Residency
Medicine PG /Clinical Residency / Doctorate Programs
Russian State Medical Universities are well known all over the world. A lot of medical research institutes are working under Russian Medical Universities. Thousands of well-known Scientists, Professors and Academicians have studied and worked at Russian State Universities. They gave a great attribute to the world of medical sciences.
Laboratories and research institutes of Russian State Medical Universities and Academies are well equipped with all modern facilities. All postgraduate students have complete rights to use all facilities available in the Russian Universities.
At the faculties of Postgraduate Education at Russian State Medical Universities or academies, postgraduate or Clinical Residency programs are offered in more than 100 medical specialities. Internship, Clinical Residency and PhD or Masters programs are offered in all Russian State Medical Universities.
Duration of Postgraduate programs or Clinical Residency programs are:
Surgical : 3 years
Non-Surgical: 2 years
The duration for PhD or Master’s program after completing clinical residency or postgraduate program is 3 years. Completing a PhD or Master’s program, a student has to present the thesis to the commission from the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation.
All Postgraduate programs at Russian State Medical Universities are taught in English and in Russian according to the programs and curricula approved by the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Education of the Russian Federation.
For some postgraduate courses where a student does not interact with patients a lot, he/she does not need to learn the Russian language. For these courses, he/she can study completely in English. These courses are, for example, RADIOLOGY, DERMATOVENEROLOGY and some others.
For postgraduate courses, where students have to interact with patients every day, knowledge of the Russian language is compulsory. Not all patients can speak the English language, that’s why students have to talk with patients in the Russian language.
For these courses, students will have a 6-month conversational course in the Russian language along with the main course in their first year of studies. This is to help them interact with the local Russian patients during the clinical visits and also for the local interaction in daily life. There is an additional payment to be made for this 6 months course.
Those students, who want to join their postgraduate program in the Russian language, have to complete one-year preparatory department before starting their main course.
To maintain their international role, the Medical postgraduate faculties of Russian State Universities intend by means of contractual arrangements with foreign countries, universities, and hospitals to train residents from other countries who will return to their home country upon completion of their training.
The Medical postgraduate faculties of Russian State Medical Universities and Academies, together with their teaching hospitals and other health organizations in Russia and abroad, will provide the necessary physical and human resources to create a scholarly environment appropriate for the training of medical graduates so that they acquire the knowledge, skills and attitudes to become accomplished physicians and surgeons with the highest moral and ethical standards.
The individual form of training is based on qualification characteristics, professional and position requirements, principles of realized perspective and doctor’s pretensions. Detailed theoretical training is combined with learning practical skills, operative techniques, and typical and complex operations.
To maintain their international role, the Medical postgraduate faculties of Russian State Universities intends by means of contractual arrangements with foreign countries, universities, and hospitals to train residents from other countries in their postgraduate training programs who will return to their home country upon completion of their training.
At the departments of Russian State Medical Universities, along with the traditional ways of teaching, there is also a module study and a thorough out program of students’ practice. Constantly developing a base of computerized equipment gives the possibility to use modern PC know-how and world informative networks in the process of study.
For all postgraduate medical courses in Russia, including Master’s Degree and Doctoral programs, those foreign citizens are accepted who have documents that have been approved by the Ministry of Education of the Russian Federation as being equivalent to the graduate medical and dental programs conducted in Russia. To attain this equivalency, all original documents have to be “Apostilled” in their home country or legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
In some cases, if degrees are not equivalent, the student may need to have a bridging program along with his postgraduate education to make his Indian degree equivalent to the Russian graduate degree. This bridging program runs simultaneously with the postgraduate study and no extra cost is needed. The total duration for the postgraduate program including the 3-month Russian language and the bridging program would be 3 years depending on the specialization.
As the recognition of the postgraduate degree is awarded by the medical universities of Russia, diplomas are recognized and accepted as equivalent in most countries of Europe by virtue of Russia being a signatory to the Bologna convention.
Some main fields of Postgraduate programs are as follows:
- Medicine of urgent conditions
- Dermatology and Venerology
- Infectious Diseases
- Pathological Anatomy
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Traumatology and Orthopaedics
- Childhood Gynaecology
- Pediatric Infectious Diseases
- Pediatric Surgery
- Hygiene of Children and Teenagers
- General Hygiene
- Public Hygiene
- Occupational Hygiene
- Radiation Hygiene
- Hygiene of Nutrition
- Therapeutic Dentistry
- Pediatric Dentistry
- Orthopaedic Dentistry
- Surgical Dentistry
- General Surgery
- Anesthesiology and Intensive Therapy
- Orthopedics and Traumatology
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Thoracic Surgery and Pulmonology
- Cardiac Surgery and Magistral Vessels
- General and Emergency Surgery
- Surgery and Vascular Surgery
- Surgery and Transplantology
- Combustiology and Plastic Surgery
- General and operative dentistry
- Endoscopy, surgery and topographic anatomy
- Oncosurgery and Oncogynecology
- Orthopedic stomatology and orthodontics
- Otolaryngology and children otolaryngology
- Radial diagnostics
- Forensic medical examination
- Thoraco-abdominal surgery
- Traumatology, orthopedics and combustiology
- Children’s and Adolescents’ Diseases
- Children’s Infectious Diseases and Children’s Immunology
- Children’s Anesthesiology and Intensive Care
- Children’s Neurology and medical sociality rehabilitation
- Children’s Otorhinolaryngology, Audiology and Phoniatrics
- Children’s Surgery
- Obstetrics and gynecology
- Children anesthesiology and intensive therapy
- Children gastroenterology
- Children phthisiology and pulmonology
- Endocrinology and children endocrinology
- Pathology anatomy
- Perinatology and gynecology
- Roentgenology of children
- Therapeutically and children stomatology
- Teenage therapy
- Gastroenterology, Dietetics and Endoscopy
- Cardiology and Functional Diagnostics
- Clinical Immunology and Allergology
- Medical Rehabilitation, Physiotherapy,psychotherapy and Balneology
- Therapy and Rheumatology
- Neuropathology and children neuropathology
- Reflex therapy
- Sexology and medical psychology
- Clinical Psychology
- Therapy and clinical pharmacology
- Physiotherapy and treatment at resorts
- Urgent and emergency medical aid
GENERAL PRACTICE- FAMILY MEDICINE
- Children’s, Social and Forensic Psychiatry
- Infectious Diseases
- Medicine of Accidents
- Medicine of Emergency Conditions
- Neurology and Reflexotherapy
- General practice-family medicine
- Therapy and Geriatrics
- Surgery and Proctology
- Phthisiology and Pulmonology
- Obstetrics and gynecology
- General surgery and general practice-family medicine
- Emergency medicine, medicine of catastrophes and military medicine
- Medical genetics and ultrasound diagnostics
- Neuropathology and neurosurgery
- Oncology and children oncology
- Polyclinic pediatrics and phytotherapy
- Social medicine, management and business in healthcare
- Therapy and nephrology
- Traumatology, vertebrology and anesthesiology
- Masters in Public Health
MEDICO-PROPHYLACTIC AND PHARMACEUTICAL DEPARTMENT
- Hygiene and People Ecology
- Nutrition Hygiene and of Pediatric and Adolescent Hygiene
- Medical statistics
- Microbiology and Epidemiology
- Management, Economics of Pharmacy
- Industrial, Clinical Pharmaceutics and Clinical Pharmacology
- Pharmaceutical Technology and Biopharmaceutics
- Health Management
- Monitoring of Drug Quality and Standardization
- Hygiene and professional pathology
- Disinfectology and internal hospital infections
- Infant infectious diseases
- Epidemiology and HIV/AIDS
- Internal Medicine
- Infectious diseases
- Clinical biochemistry and forensic toxicology
- Clinical immunology and microbiology
- Clinical informatics and technologies in the management of healthcare
- Clinical laboratory diagnostics
- Medical parasitology and tropical diseases
- Folk and non-traditional medicine
ADVANCED TRAINING OF TEACHERS AND PROFESSORS
- Hematology and Transfusiology
- Foreign languages
- Clinical Laboratory Diagnostics
- Medical Computer Science
- Pathological and Topographical Anatomy
- Sports Medicine and Sanology
- Forensic Medicine
- General Dental Surgery
- Orthopedic Dentistry
- Children’s Dentistry
- Therapeutic Dentistry
- Advanced Training of Dental Mechanics
- Masters in Pharmacy
P.S.: Students for any postgraduate programs can apply the whole year and at any time. There are no time restrictions for postgraduate programs.
PG in Medicine/Residency | Study in Russia | Education in Russia | Russian Education Center | Russian Education Centre
Do not lose your chance to reserve
a seat now!